Monday, January 3, 2011

Oh, joy....framed love

This week (January 3 - 7) there is a blog swap going on between Core'dinations and Helmar...and there are PRIZES!
Helmar, if you don't already know about them, offer up great adhesives and, a favourite of mine, layering tape! Yes. It's true. I have a serious addiction to layering tape. I find it adds dimension to my work and, in the case of this frame, allows light to cast a shadow on raised elements.
Here's a frame that I made for Ema's new "big girl room". I used a frame from IKEA (I think I paid less than $10 for it) and Core'dinations cardstock. Several of the butterflies have layering tape added to the back of their wings. I also used my Helmar tape runner to adhere the body/torso section of the butterfly directly to the background. This helps to emphasize the fluttering of the wings. Jillibean Soup corrugated letters look even better with a little layering tape placed behind them as well. ;0)Supplies: Core'dinations cardstock (Core Essentials and Vintage), Helmar layering tape and tape runner, Jillibean Soup corrugated alphas, ProvoCraft/Cuttlebug butterfly dies and embossing folders, Sizzix/Stampin' Up! butterfly embossing die, texture plate and border branch die, IKEA frame and Making Memories sanding block.

1 comment: