Supplies: Core'dinations cardstock, Jillibean Soup patterned paper, journaling sprout and kraft paper, Scenic Route grid paper, ProvoCraft/Cuttlebug butterfly diecut and embossing folder, Stampin' Up heart punch, EK Success marker, Making Memories sanding block, Font: Teletype, other: foam layering tape.
Here's a few of the facts and figures from the bookmark because I know it's hard to read them from the photo:
- "Ichthyosis" is taken from the Greek root for "fish".
- Ichthyosis affects more than one million Americans.
- The ichthyoses are a family of genetic skin disorders characterized by dry, thickened, scaling skin.
- Dermatologists estimate that there are at least twenty-eight varieties of ichthyosis, with a wide range of severity and associated symptoms.
- Ichthyosis is the result of a genetic mutation passed from parent to child.
- In some rare cases, the genetic mutation occurs spontaneously in the affected generation.
- There is no cure for ichthyosis, only treatments to help manage symptoms.
- Ichthyosis is currently classified on the basis of clinical appearance and inheritance pattern. This system, which relies on a few sophisticated tools and tests, has worked remarkably well for diagnosing and classifying most patients with ichthyosis.
- Ichthyosis can be a disfiguring disorder and as such has numerous social and psychological implications.
For more information about ichthyosis, please visit: Foundation for Ichthyosis and Related Skin Types.
Please feel free to use this idea to create bookmarks of your own. A bookmark to raise awareness for Breast Cancer could use a pink ribbon in place of the butterfly. You could replace the butterfly with a puzzle piece if you wanted to raise awareness for Autism.