Monday, June 8, 2009

Core'dinations powered by diesel

Back in April, at ScrapFest, I got a really great deal on the Diesel Grand dies by Quickutz. I had had my eye on them since they were featured in the spring issue of Scrapbook & Cards Today (dang you, Catherine and Kerry).
Anyways, I need to justify the purchase by using them on the next 90 layouts that I make.
Let it begin...
These pictures of Matt were taken at my parents' new cottage up in Lion's Head. They just got ownership so we now begin the process of fixing up the yard. I bet Matt would scare any critters out of their precious flower beds.
Supplies: Core'dinations cardstock (Vintage, Black Magic, Essentials), Scenic Route grid paper, Quickutz letter dies (Diesel Grand, Jolly collection), font: Another Typewriter, Basic Grey precision file set, Heidi Swapp edge distresser, Tsukineko ink, other: sewing machine, thread, foam layering tape.

Supplies: Core'dinations cardstock (Vintage, Black Magic, WhiteWash), Sizzix texture plate, EK Success 3" scallop circle punch, Creative Memories circle cutter, Basic Grey precision file set, Quickutz letter dies (Diesel Grand), Font: Mason, other: foam layering tape.

This little babe belongs to dear friends of ours. I got to watch her one afternoon back in January. I then had to give her back. That was hard. For this layout I used texture plates by Sizzix the emboss the swirls into the WhiteWash cardstock. The layout is based on one by Candi Gershon at Scrapbooks Etc. magazine. It was for their "Make it Yours" call for January 2010.

3 comments:

  1. i'm a HUGE diesel fan, but don't have the *grand* size... you really do feel like you have to use it on a million projects to justify the cost, don't you!! LOVE the green-red-black combo you have there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great not blue layouts, lol. I love the colors on the garden gnome page it makes the building in the background really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Diesel!! Your layouts are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete